Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Thursday, November 21, 2013
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Thursday, November 14, 2013
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Monday, November 11, 2013
As always, Scottsdale is delivering a jam-packed holiday event lineup that will get you and your family in the spirit in no time.
- Take 6: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year : With 10 Grammys and a host of other awards and critical praise, Take 6 is the quintessential a cappella ensemble and model for vocal genius. The group features six angelic and refined voices united in crystal-clear harmony against a riptide of syncopated rhythms, ornate arrangements and funky grooves. Celebrating the spirit of the season, they perform classic Christmas songs and contemporary numbers at the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts Friday, Dec. 13, 2013.
- Frances Smith Cohen’s Snow Queen : Come to The Herberger Theater in downtown Phoenix for an enchanting evening and magical retelling of the Hans Christian Andersen masterpiece. Set to music by Sergei Prokofiev, this holiday event is especially good for families, as little ones will find themselves charmed by vivid costumes and a dazzling light show. Saturdays and Sundays, Dec. 7 – 22, 2013.
- Christmas…The Magic Continues! This annual musical cabaret feast will get you ready to celebrate the magic of the holidays. Holiday songs, both old and new, sung by some of the Valley’s best voices are brought together by Jeff Kennedy and his grand piano in the signature cabaret style setting with drinks and treats at the bar at the Herberger Theater. Dec. 6 – Dec. 22
- The Nutcracker : Ballet Arizona presents the Nutcracker at Symphony Hall in downtown Phoenix. Dancing toys, mischievous mice and sparkling snowflakes dance to Tchaikovsky’s unmistakable holiday score. Even The New York Times’ arts critic Alastair Macaulay called Ballet Arizona’s rendition one of his favorites! Dec. 6 – 24, 2013.
- Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker : This showstopper takes center stage at Comerica Theater with 200 lavish costumes, larger-than-life Russian puppets and nine exquisite, hand-painted backdrops with 3D effects. The 20th season of Moscow Ballet’s show features award-winning dancers. Dec. 12, 2013.
- Canadian Brass Holiday Concert : Five tremendous brass musicians – each a virtuoso in his own right – form the legendary Canadian Brass. Performing a vast repertoire this heart-warming holiday concert at the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts is a musical journey through time featuring classics of the season by Bach, Brahms and more. Dec. 21, 2013
- Spirit of the Season : Jeffrey Hattrick and Nicole Pesce return to the Herberger stage for their annual holiday season music concert, featuring tracks from their holiday season, including the title track Spirit of the Season. From jazz to classical, this concert will touch your soul and warm your heart. Dec. 16, 2013.
from Official Travel Site for Scottsdale, Arizona | http://www.experiencescottsdale.com/spirited-shows/
From romantic and low-key to an all-out roaring good time, Scottsdale’s New Year’s Eve events has something for everyone – even families!
- Hit the bustling streets of downtown for the Scottsdale’s Ultimate Block Party and rock out to live music as you party the night away into 2014! You’ll get access to Dos Gringos and Rockbar with live DJs and entertainment inside and out, plus food and drink street vendors. Tickets will range from $20-$30. Book early to save!
- End the year on a high note as Randall Craig Fleischer, a Leonard Bernstein fellow, conducts The Phoenix Symphony in the Valley’s most popular New Year’s Eve Celebration. The show begins at 7:30 p.m. Enjoy the seasonal classics of this joyous and popular musical celebration that is sure to sell out.
- It’s a New Year’s Eve bash at Hotel Valley Ho , starting with a special four-course menu with multiple options for each course. The 6:30 p.m. seating is $110 per person, and the 9:30 p.m. seating is $140 per person (plus tax and gratuity). All diners can enjoy dancing and live entertainment, and will have exclusive access to the rooftop Champagne toast at midnight. There will also be the NYE 2014 party in the ballrooms featuring an open bar, food, and DJ entertainment!
- Ring in the New Year at the Radisson Fort McDowell and Fort McDowell Casino ! The New Year’s Eve package starts at $279 and includes two tickets to the New Year’s Eve party in the ballroom. Enjoy hors d’oeuvres, party favors and a champagne toast at midnight! A bottle of champagne will be delivered to your deluxe room and you can enjoy breakfast served until 2 a.m. in the Red Rock Buffet!
from Official Travel Site for Scottsdale, Arizona | http://www.experiencescottsdale.com/new-years-eve-parties/