1. Duck Confit Egg Rolls at Cowboy Ciao:These delicious, innocent-sounding apps feature the bad boy of the pepper world in their Ghost Chile Ginger Plum Sauce. How hot is it? Consider that the ghost pepper weighs in at a whopping 1.4 million units on the Scoville heat scale compared to a modest 8,000 for the average jalapeño.
2. Shrimp Chicharron at deseo:Aji Amarillo chiles and pickled jalapeños give this dish a powerful punch of heat and a subtly sweet finish. The lemon-colored Aji Amarillo peppers have a distinctive smoky flavor and are a staple in traditional Peruvian cuisine.
3. Hot & Raw Tropical Ceviche at SOL Cocina:This zesty combination of tropical fruit, avocado, cucumber and raw fish “cooked” in citrus juices is served chilled, but don’t let that fool you –habanero chiles provide all the heat you need. Scoop up the fiery goodness with sweet potato and red beet chips.
4. Mezcal Mango Madness at The Hermosa Inn’s Last Drop:In another pepper-mango tango, this spicy delight boasts Illegal Mezcal Reposado, chipotle syrup, mago puree, lime juice and Bittermens Hellfire Shrub Bitters. A garnish of red jalapeño pepper slices adds a fiery finishing touch.
5. El Diablo at Zinburger :Roasted jalapeños, pepper jack cheese and chipotle mayo put the fire in this devilishly good burger. Feeling decadent? Go for the Kobe beef option, add a side of Spicy Green Chili Fries, then douse the inferno with a cool and creamy Chocolate Mint milkshake.
6. Korean Fried Cauliflower at The Herb Box:This “meaty” veggie dish features crispy fried cauliflower tossed in housemade Korean hot pepper sauce. The sauce is a proprietary recipe by Chef Becky J. Windels that gets its heat from traditional Korean Gochujang hot pepper paste and Sriracha sauce, and its hint of sweetness from brown sugar.
7. Chili Coconut Mussels at Proof, an American Canteen:Sautéed mussels are simmered in a bath of coconut milk, Sambal chile paste, sugar and lime to create this zippy specialty. Sambal is a customary ingredient in Southeast Asian dishes and is made from a combination of chiles, including habanero, cayenne, bird’s eye and Lombok.
8. Spicy Thai Chicken Bowl at Hula’s Modern Tiki:This bowl of Polynesian delights features marinated chicken breast swathed in a spicy sauce and resting on a bed of black beans, rice and Napa cabbage. Want it hotter? Ask for chopped Scotch Bonnet peppers to kick it up a notch.
9. Mango Habanero Margarita at Tommy Bahama:Bittermens Hellfire Habanero Shrub Bitters and two slices of fresh habanero chile give this mighty cocktail its kick. Smooth Milagro Silver tequila, Curacao orange liqueur and mango puree sweeten the deal.
10. Lamb Vindaloo at Jewel of the Crown:A traditional dish from Goa, India, Vindaloo is chockfull of spices like cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds and turmeric. Red chiles add the heat, which you can order to taste. Ask for “Indian hot” to bring on the sweat.
from Official Travel Site for Scottsdale, Arizona | http://ift.tt/1oqVTeh