Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Megan About Town: Downtown Scottsdale Taco Tuesday

When I told my colleague about my latest Megan About Town blog, I had no idea the amount of arguing that would ensue.  All I wanted to do was eat a lot of tacos for lunch. Soft tacos. The authentic kind. This is where the arguing comes into play.

Scott has some insane idea that hard tacos are the only way to go, which, of course, is absolute madness. With that in mind, we ventured out for Taco Tuesday in downtown Scottsdale to put an end to this debate (not really; we all know I am right).

Because the CVB’s offices are in the heart of downtown Scottsdale, we chose to stay in the area, BUT it’s really important to remember that there are so many additional taco options in Scottsdale. After reading about the places we went, take a look at the list below to get a feel for other favorites.

taco

Taco Tuesday Stop No. 1

Cien Agaves Tacos & Tequila: When you put “tacos” in the name of your restaurant, I trust that you can stand by the quality of your tacos. Cien Agaves doesn’t disappoint. I ordered their Tecate fish taco, which is beer-battered Ono with cabbage, Baja sauce and mango salsa. It was the perfect pick for the warm, “not a cloud in the sky” day out on the patio. The taco was perfectly crunchy and delightfully refreshing.

mission

Taco Tuesday Stop No. 2

The Mission: I typically come to The Mission for a special occasion or with the family, but I never think of it as a place to swing by for lunch during the work week. The place has a really great ambiance, with dark lighting. While I typically spring for the crispy rock shrimp tacos (they are divine!), I decided to try something a little different after my first fish taco. The Tecate skirt steak tacos were not a disappointment. Any steak lover will be happy with this pick. If we had had more time and didn’t have to go back to the office, I would have demanded that we indulge in an order of guacamole and a margarita – but duty calls!

BQueen

Taco Tuesday Wednesday Stop No. 3

Barrio Queen: The original plan was to make it a three-stop Taco Tuesday, but after The Mission, we realized there was no way we could eat anything else. I extended the taco fest to Wednesday to grab a bite at Barrio Queen. In my opinion, you really cannot go wrong with any taco choices here. I chose the Barrio pollo con chorizo, the cochinta pibil and the chile relleno. The Barrio pollo con chorizo is probably my favorite, but like I said, it’s a tough pick. If you decide to check out “the Queen,” make sure to ask your server if they are currently serving pomegranate seeds in their guacamole. If the answer is yes, order it immediately. Do not hesitate.

Downtown Scottsdale isn’t the only place to grab a taco or any number of your favorite Mexican dishes. Blanco Tacos and Tequila is a personal favorite (I love the green chile pork enchiladas), and La Hacienda at the Fairmont is the perfect place for sipping on tequila, eating amazing food and taking in the scenery at one of Scottsdale’s best resorts. But the point of this story is that you need to start taking advantage of the great grub Scottsdale has to offer. Tacos or not.

Other popular Mexican dining options include: Diego Pops, Dos Gringos, El Hefe, Frank & Lupe’s, Los Sombreros, and Old Town Tortilla Factory.



from Official Travel Site for Scottsdale, Arizona | http://ift.tt/1EELzT1
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment